The last two years have been rather reactive for the contact centre industry due to the pandemic.
With the focus on working from home and maintaining customer service, a lot of improvements and strategic planning have been deferred as higher priority tasks were attended to.
As the pandemic settles into the “new normal” contact centre managers are starting to think more strategically.
- If you replaced or upgraded technology, is the solution right for you? Is there functionality available that you are not using? Have you adapted your work practices to leverage the capabilities of the new technology?
- There is a lot of talk in the media about staff changing roles post-pandemic. How will you be able to retain staff?
- In some ways customers became more tolerant during the pandemic as we all experienced a situation that we had never been in before. Again, as we adapt to the “new normal” customer expectations are likely to rise again.
- Everyone is talking about artificial intelligence. There are lots of applications for AI from self-service to agent assistance but is it right for you and your customers?
- What are your customers actually thinking and saying? How are they behaving. Understanding customer sentiment and behaviour through analytics allows you to tailor your offerings to optimise the customer experience.
- Is your contact centre operating as efficiently as possible? Are there any capabilities available in your current technology that would allow you to increase efficiency and reduce cost?
- Have you moved all your technology to the cloud or are there still some components that need to be moved?
- Staff are working from home but are they working well? What is their environment like? Do they have the equipment they need? Is your data secure? Do they have access to all the information they require? How do you ensure your staff still feel like members of a team?
- Do your business continuity plan and disaster recovery plan accurately reflect the changes made during the pandemic or do they need updating? When was the last time they were tested?
Do you have a strategy for the next 5 years?
What is the most important change you will be making this year?
If you need any assistance to develop a strategic plan, or to assess your current operation, please give us a call on 1300 789 456 or check our web site – www.ccaction.com.au.